rss
email
twitter
facebook

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It doesn't matter how hard you try,if you dont have it you cant get it

Something came to my mind today, you can never get somethings if you don't have a certain triad.

Many people except few of my friends dont know my life changing story of how i came from being so fat to being fit and i dont want to tell it anymore, long story short i lost weight to impress a girl and the girl was not impressed, now i am left hanging.....The past will be the past.

So here i was a new man, ready with a new confidence to take on any challenge in the world. So being a man as i am, i did a very harsh move, in other words i played with fire and got burned.

I taught after loosing weight, looking better than before, being fit and not fat,building muscles and getting contacts just to look better, i taught i would have a leverage this time but as it turns out i did not have the extra hand to win the game.

The lesson i got this time is no matter how much I've changed inside or outside, i will always and still be the same old Kenneth Wong.

No matter how many kilometer's you've run, how many aching muscles you've got, how heavy of a weight you lifted, how much of blood and sweat you have given off, how much tears you've cried, how much disappointment and victory you went through.

If you don't have the looks and criteria to match, you cant have it. That is just really pityfull and unfair.



4 comments:

Joannetmj said...

Hey Ken,

Sometimes... we just don't need to try so hard. You're still young, 18! If you get into a relationship your social life may not be as varied/exciting as now, after all, you have to pay special attention to one special girl. This is the age we enjoy with our friends, learn and grow with one another.

Keep fit not for a girl.. but for God, and your own health (it feels real good to be fit, no?) as Sieh Jin says in a previous post. :-)

Relax dude, we've got many many more years to go. Unless we die young, in which case it's better not to leave a mourning partner behind. Hehehe.

Take care,
Jo

Anonymous said...

Hey Kenno!

It's Dave here, I am gonna take a wild shot at this and am gonna assume that this is the 'complication' you were talking about on Facebook.

Look to be honest, I did the exact same thing. I lost weight to impress this girl I liked too. I wanted to impress her, but she didnt care if I was fat or thin or buff. What really caught her attention was how much I cared and was there for her when she needed me. Not in a creepy kinda way like “heeh heh I’ll help youu” But by just being a friend.

However! That being said, I also discovered that along with my change in appearance, I also changed. I was no longer shy, or quiet, I was different. For awhile, that drove me in the wrong direction, I took too much pride in how I looked and that was the big change and I wasnt happy when people didnt see that change as good, I had to re-evaluate where I was and refocus on God and not my image. These days, I do weights and keep fit for my own sake, not for anyone but for my own personal sense of achievement, it's like a hobby. Dont get thin and try and look good for a girl to catch her attention. When you do things, you have to think "What is my motive for doing this?" So if you want to catch anyone's attention? Start with your heart.

In Samuel 16: 6-7

6 When they arrived, Samuel saw Eliab and thought, "Surely the LORD's anointed stands here before the LORD."

7 But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

It is the heart that truly matters Ken.

1 Tim 4:8 For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.

I'm glad u kept ure promise to me by getting fit and props to you man, you have certainly done a fantastic job! but thats not the issue. It all starts with a change of heart and everything else flows from that. =]

Keep your heart loving God and loving others and I guarantee that it will be noticeable. If the girl cannot accept you for who you are, maybe she wasnt worth pursuing in the first place. A true friend cares for you, not just your looks and appearance. I hope things go well with you man, keep up the great work.

waiyan said...

wahh, very panjang ahh, david (:
but pretty good stuff there.

i just want to say kenneth,
you are precious in God's sight no matter what and He loves and cares for you so so so much. come back to your first love, erhemm, GOD and through that let His grace and love change your life.

we're all imperfect in one way or another. broken, defected, sometimes lost, and that's why we need God's grace and love so much.

i pray that you'll continue to grow and mature in your walk and faith in God and become the man God has called you to be. :) not what you want to be or what the world expects you to be, but what God has called you to be!

we love you too :)
hahaa, you know what i mean.
take care!

Anonymous said...

lol thanks Wai Yan? haha