rss
email
twitter
facebook

Monday, August 31, 2009

Life is too short to be someone else

I read a comment by a anonymous person on the left hand side of my chat box and what struck me the most was the word 'VANITY' and the phrase "life is too short to be someone else"

I was not sure what the word vanity, so thanks to my good friend wikipedia, i went online to find the definition and what it means is

Vanity
excessive belief in one's own abilities or attractiveness to others

wooo thats quite deep, but it does make sense, we are vain in ourselves at times, believing that good looks conquers all other triads when sometimes its better to look at the heart and i must say that i am not guilty of being vain at times and of course preferring looks over personality.

Its true that we must not let vanity get the better of ourselves cause that is what the media is teaching us nowadays, tricking us to believe that beauty is everything, big arms, tight abs, a slim figure, hot body, big breast, small waist and what not nonsense to the point that we are poison in our mind to try to look as beautiful as the people we see on tv or magazine or any other media because we believe too much that good looks come first before everything else.


The phrase "life is too short to be someone else" , the meaning varies from all our point of view but the general meaning is there.

To me this phrase really gave me a hit, all these time i have been trying to be someone else, trying to be cooler, trying to be good looking, trying to be a super model, trying to be a ladies men, trying to be someone else better than myself, me 'Kenneth Wong'

I have realize that i was always trying to be someone else cause through the years of my life, some people have found the someone else of me better than the normal Kenneth wong, thats why i am always pressuring myself to be better than what i am capable of when all i needed what to be just myself when i should have been true to my heart and be my own true-self, i should not have let myself go through so much suffering and changes to satisfy someone else rather i should have done the changes for my own good, my own self.

yes we want to be beautiful but we must learn not to overdo ourselves, not to put too much pressure on ourselves, we must make sure that we are doing the right thing for the right reason.

Be beautiful for yourself and not others.

One of my good friend once told me that losing weight is a life changing thing, it changes character,looks and so much more but the most important part we miss out is a change of our heart.

why should I/we follow the worlds order? Why should i/we use beauty as a tool to get a relationship? Why should i/we be lying to others when i/we should be our true self?

Why cant I/We use my/our hearts and personality to find our partner in life?

A girl once told me that yes they are different ways that people find love, some use beauty to find love, some use their charm, some use their skills and etc but do you think this love will last long, would you be able to keep beauty, charm,skills and etc forever until your olden days to keep the love burning?

This is the love we should avoid, its a love that leaves you when you have lost that particular triad,you will leave each other just because honey you don't have that beauty,charm,skills and etc anymore.

Than there is another way which people find love, these people use their heart and personality to find love. Do you think this love will last a lifetime? would you be able to be your true-self from your heart to your personality? will they change until the end time? Can you use your heart and personality to keep that love going on until the day death do you part?

This is the love we should follow, its a love that last a lifetime, you will never leave each other. This is a life-long love that will conquer all.

Credit goes to Kar inn for inspiring me to write this out, for pointing me into the right direction, Thank you kim and i hope your love will be a life-long one =)

People its high time we get rids of the lies that the media throws towards us, its time to take a step of faith and start to be ourseves once again wherever you are, whenever and whoever you are!

Be your true-self and do not let vanity get a better hold of you!

I also would like to take this opportunity to thank all those who have been there to comfort and guide me in my time of hardship and confussion




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome speech of the truth; I really appreciate this "blog". The quote just came to my head during DEEEEEEP thought, so I looked it up and found this great piece!! woo hoo! Reaally inspiring, comforting, and pretty darn spectacular :D Rock on!