rss
email
twitter
facebook

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Success

Today at the gym, I met a normal gym goer, we've been talking for sometime just that i never knew him in detailed and i found out that he is handsome, got a job, got a great body, got a good life, got a fiance, well the way i see it is that he is successful.I have to admit i was envious, he had enough for his whole life, went to college, got a job, got a girl, got the looks, got the body but I would've never know how far it took him to get to where he is but one things for sure is that he didn't have to endure Form 6 even this dude which was i thought was smart said form 6 is tough and he wish me all the best in getting in the local u, that proves just how much work and effort is needed for form 6 but would it be any easier in college? I'll never know.

Back to the topic on about success, I had in my mind one word when i was talking to my new found friend "SUCCESS!" yes that one word which Dexter would yell out at the top of his lungs when his invention worked in the cartoon. Then it got me thinking and weighing the options in my life, whether i can achieve what my friend had, somehow he sort of shaped out what i would want to achieve when i start working which i think would not be any different than any eager young blood. Yet how do we weight success? Is there any criteria to concluded whether one is success or not?

Success can never be categorized as a whole, we can never say we are success in a whole, every person has a "blocking wall" in life but success comes out of not only what we posses, not only what we achieve, not how many figure we have in our bank, not many kids we have, not only the job we hold but the way we are living out our life. Why would i say my friend is success, well materially he has enough but he might think otherwise, maybe he has not achieve the job he wants. So success is based in the way you are living and how you perceive success as

It can be merely based on material gaining, you have the "5C's" the criteria which many would set for their partner! CASH! CAR! CONDO! CREDIT CARD! well i can remember 4C's! Many people would view this needless to say this blogger as well. When we get our first car, our first pay, our first salary, our first spending, we feel the surge of satisfaction or as we call "Success" when we finally posses what we want, when we want and with our own money. Some people get it easy, they have their parents to buy for them but this blogger does not have that privilege of getting everything he wants, there is a limit to getting what i want but parents do feed us and always take care of us, no harm trying to ask but be careful what you wish for.

Success can only be measured in our achievements, something in life we work hard to gain, get it, win it and we feel the glory behind it all, feeling the success of achieving the goal we set. The harsh reality is that not all things go as plan but give your best and we will never go wrong.

Nevertheless, "success" is a really big word and it is a big big world out there, at one point we would reach a age where we would start working, start planning out the big life we have ahead but this the way i see it, success doesn't comes from short cuts but from giving it your best, when you work the best you can, success follows along. Success comes with the benefits of enjoyment and pleasure in life but it always comes with hard work, planning and opportunity in life.

So are you success in life? Yes or no, living out your life daily is already a success!




1 comments:

David said...

Want to know another definition of success? You ready for this? This could blow your mind if you let it.

"Success is not about how much I've gained, how much I've achieved or accumulated, how much I own or have conquered. Success doesn't even matter whether or not I stand up on a stage one day and speak to a large crowd of people, I don't even care if I never get on that stage, all that matters was that I was exactly where God wanted me to be, and that was more than enough for me."