rss
email
twitter
facebook

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I Wish


Star light, star bright,
The first star I see tonight;
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the wish I wish tonight.

Many of us have heard this famous phrase from Disney cartoons all the way to big movies or even story books but not many of us know that this phrase originated from a science-fiction short story book written by Alferd Bester, called "Star Light, Star Bright" but that is not what i really want to write about.

Its funny that many of us never really know what a word means; A wish in dictionary definition means "A Hope or Desire for something". I know I have made many wishes but many yet to come true, but does that mean all hope is gone?

All i know is that we get into the wishing mood on two occasion; One on our birthday; Two is when we are in a really tight spot and need a way out of it. That one wish that can change everything, that one wish that can change our fate, that one wish that can turn things around, that one wish that can make us happier, that one wish that fulfills our hearts desire, that one wish that can meets our wants, that one wish that we are wishing over and over again.


There are many wishes one can made but its only a fantasy, fairy tale or even a Hollywood life to believe they can come true in a blink of an eye or the star will fly down and grant us that one great wish. I am not saying that wishes don't come true but it gives the heart a hope that somewhere someone out there is hearing out for our wishes and prayer.


At the end of the day, everyone has a wish in their heart, that one glimmer of hope that one day it will come true, that one wish that is so precious, its like a piece of heaven to them. So why wish when we can pray?
For He is our all knowing father and He provides as He wills abundantly.



2 Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to bless you
abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

Mark 11:24
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

2 comments:

tien mie said...

;) i dont know that song tho haha. have you found a job that you want? Hope you're good, and remember, God <3 ya.

oh ya, you know our uni results out on 2nd week of July?? Saw a link Pn Yip posted on her fb.

Anonymous said...

Feeling led by the spirit to share this with you...In 2008…I was told that I could receive the Holy Spirit just as the disciples in the Bible received…

And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance (Acts 2:4)

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8)

I was like what…really?? So God will actually give me an instant new language I have never learnt before?? it sounded completely crazy almost bordering on cultish but at the same time I was so intrigued as the people I was talking to were so on fire and passionate for God and they had this confidence that I didn’t quite have…I believed in God but I have to admit there were times I would doubt and question this God I was praying to…was he actually real or were my prayers just bouncing off the ceiling??

I was told that day unless I was filled with the Holy Spirit I was not going to heaven. I was like woh…that is a big statement I was pretty offended… like who are you to tell me that??…then I opened the bible and read…

Most assuredly I say to you, unless one is born of water and the spirit, he cannot enter the Kingdom of God. (John 3:5)

I knew that I had been born of water as I had been baptized but was I born of the spirit was the question I had to ask myself and to be honest I didn’t know for sure that I was. I thought I might be but I wasn’t certain. This really confused me and I couldn’t stop thinking about it. It also scared me that I wouldn’t be going to heaven without this Holy Spirit.

My Sister who was with me at the time was even more confused and upset than I was even to the point of tears that she wasn’t right with God without this Holy Spirit. One night she read the Book of Acts in the Bible and was so convicted that she needed this Holy Spirit that she just asked for it.

If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him (Luke 11:13)

Quietly praying to God and asking she began to speak in tongues…just as in the bible… a language she had never learnt before. I then had her charging through my room at 6am bursting in to tell me…I was kind of freaked out, almost in unbelief that this actually happened but I trusted her and knew this is something she wouldn’t lie about. I couldn’t quite fathom how this had happened but all I knew is that I wanted it. If God could give it to my sister then he could give it to me too.

That very same morning I got in my car still stunned at what my sister had told me. Driving to work I just began to pray I opened my heart up and was completely honest with God I asked him if this was the real thing and this was the Holy Spirit then I wanted it too. Then I received my very first miracle from God. Out of my mouth came a language so fluent. For the first time in my life I knew that God was real with NO doubt in my mind and I knew that I had received the most precious gift still to this day nothing compares.

I am so grateful that I was told to ASK God for the Holy Spirit as it has changed my Life. I know that when I pray I have a direct line to God and God hears me.

For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries. (1 Corinthians 14:2)

I encourage anyone who has not yet received the Holy Spirit to not rely on what man says but ask God yourself it is the only way to find the truth.

It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. (Psalm 118:8)

“And these signs will follow those who believe; in my name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues. They will take up serpents and if they drink anything deadly it will by no means hurt them, they will lay hands on the sick and they will recover.” (Mark 16:17-18)