rss
email
twitter
facebook

Monday, August 18, 2008

LIfe is like dancing with cinderella

Morning its monday morning and something interesting i found out while listening to the song sang by steve curtis chapman, wohoo that is Cinderella hit me this morning on the radio station while we were coming back from breakfast.

I suggest that you on the song first on the right hand corner before reading this post, as you will understand better what i am writing about whilst hearing the song and the lyrics, really concentrate on the lyrics he is singing, it really is very beautiful. Here is the lyrics:

She spins and she sways
To whatever song plays
Without a care in the world
And I'm sitting here wearing
The weight of the world on my shoulders

It's been a long day
And there's still work to do
She's pulling at me
Saying "Dad, I need you

There's a ball at the castle
And I've been invited
And I need to practice my dancing
Oh, please, Daddy, please?"

So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone...

She says he's a nice guy and I'd be impressed
She wants to know if I approve of the dress
She says, "Dad, the prom is just one week away
And I need to practice my dancing
Oh, please, Daddy, please?"

So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone

She will be gone

Well, she came home today with a ring on her hand
Just glowing and telling us all they had planned
She says, "Dad, the wedding's still six months away
But I need to practice my dancing
Oh, please, Daddy, please?"

So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone

Waoo such a lovely and fantastic song, it really is beautiful and it really touched my heart to such a meodious song, this song even manage to make me teary eyed.

Well this song was wrote by steve curtis chapman in remembrance of his passed away daughter, maria sue chapman, whom was only 5 years old and what happen was one day her brother came back home from school and he was parking his car down the runway to the garage and maria was excited to see her brother came back home, so she ran down the runway and the brother did not manage to stop the car in time, he banged her, she went down, took her to the hospital but they could not save her. Such a sad time for the chapman family but to glory be the father as maria sue chapman is now with our heavenly father in heaven. Let us have one moment of silent for her.

Ok thank you, well i will let you know the real meaning of the song on the video by the right hand side, steve curtis chapman will share it himself.

To me the song plays a different role as i do not have any daughter or kids. But i found out one thing that the cinderella can be anybody in you life and i came to understand that life is like dancing, everytime we met someone we are actually dancing with them in life, swaying left right, moving around subconsiously that is.

It is so beautiful when i found out about this, imagine we have so many cinderella's in life, we are always dancing with these cinderella's, the end of it is how much we appreciate and admire the time we spent dancing together with them, will we just rush it through and faster finish the dance or will we slow things down and take our time to dance with these cinderella slowly and beautifully to each song, hoping it will never end.

What i am trying to say is this that everyday of our lifes we do everything we met everyone, but sometimes we tend to rush thing and just want to get it done when we should actually slowly enjoy what we are doing and appreciate it cause soon it will be gone and you can never repeat it again.

For example, like we met friends everyday, we go yum cha and mamak, we go to work together, subconsiousy we are already dancing with these cinderella, yeah they are the cinderella in your lifes, see how we should treat our friends and family in life, they should be like beautiful and pretty cinderella in our lifes, adore and admire them for once in our lifes, enjoy their company, do whatever it takes to slow things down for once ad enjoy every moment of it.

Charles caleb colton, a famous english cleric, writer and collector quotes this about friends:

"Friendship often ends in love; but love in friendship....NEVER."


0 comments: